Wednesday 15 April 2009

Monolingual



Macs come with many different languages installed. You may be thinking: "Hooray! I can now use hundreds of the installed languages, and I'm not losing anything!". Well think again. All of these languages take up a large amount of space on your hard drive.

Monolingual is a nice little programme that allows to to get rid of these unwanted languages. Do you really need Klingon on your mac? Do you find that the Quenchua language is going unused? Then simply delete them with Monolingual. Before I ran Monolingual, I had about 46.35 Gigabytes of space on my hard drive. After deleting well over a hundred languages, I now have 46.58 Gigabytes of space. I saved about 230 Megabytes. It may not seem like too much of a great proportion of space claimed back, but I see it as space for four more music albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment